Friday, April 13, 2007

Fini


I'm glad to report that I'm done with Icarus, and can now finally give it to the very patient recipient who has been waiting since January (I had foolishly told her it would take me two months MAX)

This shawl kicked my butt! Not because it's a difficult pattern. It's actually really simple and easy to remember, it's just that it takes forever to get out of the plain knitting and into the lacy part.

But I'm happy with the results. I thought the black would make it a bit too "Victorian mourning veil" but actually, it really shows the simple pattern off.


Specs
Pattern: Icarus shawl by Miriam Felton, from Interweave Knits, Summer 2006
Yarn: 2 skeins of Misti Baby Alpaca Laceweight, in black
Needles: 3mm
Mods: None, this is a very well-written, easy to follow pattern. No need for me to mess with that!


One more item to scratch off of my UFO list.


7 comments:








Anonymous

said...

That is just lovely. I'm sure the recipient will love it. I admire your patience.





Terhi

said...

It's beautiful! And I love it in black. :-)





ingrid

said...

Wow. It's gorgeous.





The A.D.D. Knitter

said...

Stunning, so beautiful and the black is stylish, not morbid...





knittingphilistine

said...

Oh, it's gorgeous!! Love the black lace... not something you see often, but so pretty!





Anonymous

said...

This one is amazing! what talent and patience you have.





Anonymous

said...

Icarus is beautiful in black. Congratulations for slogging through the plain bit; the recipient is very lucky to have it! :-)